We’ve heard there’s been talk of the OHV laws changing in Lake City. As of today, the laws have not changed. We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you here in Lake City! Please contact the chamber at 970-944-2527 for more information.
OHV regulations include:
1. Must comply with all Colorado statutes pertaining to motor vehicles in motion. Must follow posted speed limit and any other traffic laws.
2. Vehicle operators must have Valid Driver's license in possession.
3. Proof of minimum liability insurance for each vehicle.
4. Helmet is required for riders under 18 years of age unless in a child restraint (a bicycle helmet will NOT suffice)
5. Motor vehicle child restraint laws apply
6. Eye protection for EVERY rider (prescription glasses, sunglasses, googles, etc. A vehicle windshield also satisfies this requirement.)
7. No more occupants than OHV designed by manufacturer (ATVs may have 2 occupants)
8. If provided by the manufacturer, seat belts must be worn.
9. Stay on designated roads. For information on where you can ride, please contact the Lake City Chamber of Commerce at 970-944-2527.
10. Highly recommended - rearview mirror