2017 Parade Theme (by Kerry Koy):
"Lake City Wild: wild flowers, wildlife, wild times!"
Lake City Fourth of July Event hosted by LCHC Chamber of Commerce. This long-standing tradition of family entertainment, including a parade, races in the Town Park for all ages, delicious food and drinks in the park, a book sale at the Moseley Arts Center sponsored by the library. Live music, a street dance and a fireworks show put on by our Volunteer Fire Department.
Schedule of Events (tentative)
8am Book Sale begins at the John Wagner Library (206 N Silver)
8am Join the Lake City Comunuty School for an All Your Can Eat Pancake Breakfast for ony $8! Event wil be held at the LC School yard.
8am LC School Garage Sale at the School Yard until 2pm
10am Parade begins (Want to participate in the parade? Please see our 4th of July Policies)
11am(ish) Register for a 3-on-3 Basketball Tournamant hosted by the LCCS following the 4th of July parade. $50 per team.
11:30am(ish) Following the Parade
- Reading of the Delcaration of Independance at Hinsdale County Museum
- Presentation of the Flags by the Veterans Honor Guard - Town Park
- National Anthem by Taylor Snow
Noon - Races begin for all ages!!
- Races include walking age to 70+. Types: Foot races, sack races, shoe kick, balloon & egg toss.
- Food featuring hot dogs, turkey legs, jambalaya, fresh salsa and chips, dippin dots, hand-crafted sodas, and more!
- Beer and margarita booth (must be 21 years of age to purchase)
- Artisain booths - local photography, jewelry, hand-made body goods, and more!
4pm BINGO - will be hosted after the races. $5 a card or 5 for $20. 10 games. Cash and merchandise prizes. Location TBA.
6pm Lake City Old Cowboy Shot-Out performance at the corner of 4th and Silver Street.
7pm Street Dance on Silver featuring Blue Sky Band until 9pm
9pm(ish) Fireworks hosted by Lake City Pyro Technics Team